Sunday, June 19, 2011

Day 8: From the eyes of our very own Micah Kafka

“This morning we had Monkey Bread for breakfast.   Later, I made a souvenir using their typewriter.  It was really fun!  My host home is the pastor of the church.  Our host home made extra Rice Crispy treats for the staff members.  I had a lot of fun at our host home.  After about 20 minutes on the bus, we arrived to the state of Washington.  Tonight’s host home has one dog and three cats.  They also have a hot tub that we might be able to use tomorrow night!”  (He also wanted me to say “Happy Father’s Day” to his dad for him…)

Micah wasn’t feeling too good this morning, so he is chilling with me on the bus.  He’s feeling better now, and should be good to go later today when we go sight-seeing downtown Seattle.  I asked him if I could write his journal entry for the blog since he is such a good journal-er and also because yesterday was mainly just a travel day.  To the staff, these are “let’s just hurry-up and get there as fast as we can days”.  To the boys, they see so much more. 
Our hosts here in Tacoma have been fantastic.  They have certainly gone out of their way to accommodate us.  These boys are treated so well on the road and our hosts have been just wonderful thus far.  I will do my best to get some pictures from Seattle up on the blog tonight, along with a good blog post. 
P.J.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks Micah (and PJ)! Hope you and Nate (and all the boys) have a great time the rest of the trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I hope that Micah is feeling better now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like the boys are having the trip of a lifetime. Tell Thomas Stewart that Grandpa Sullivan says hello and that I’m sure he is enjoying himself—best wishes to all!

    ReplyDelete